THE LAST OF US
0 comments


February 2016 Premium Japan Crate



Hi everyone! I'm back with a review for the lovely Japan Crate, a monthly subscription box with handpicked authentic Japanese snacks :) This time, this review is not sponsored ^^ I bought the box, and also am not writing this out of obligation. I've been really addicted to subscription boxes lately, and I've also been following a bunch of subscription box blogs (beejuboxes and mysubscriptionaddiction are my current favs hehe)


The title comes from the game "The Last of Us" because I'm watching the React Gaming of it. I'm too broke and lazy to buy it so next best thing is watching others play it LOL. Also I'm surprised at all the backlash TheFineBros got? Like I don't really care? Yeah they got a little greedy, but I like watching their videos casually, so I mean, whatever.

For those of you who don't know what a subscription box, basically it's a "grab bag"! If you subscribe monthly, you get a random box of items each month (aka you don't know what you're getting!) It's not for everyone, but it's a fun adventure, especially Japan Crate, to try out new snacks and flavors you didn't know existed ^^ Still confused? Check out their "How It Works" page!

As you can see, Japan Crate has three different options for people with different budgets! $30/month might be expensive for you personally, so you can taste a bit of Japan Crate's awesomeness in the Mini Crate :) I got $5 off with VDAY5, so it was only $25! There was also another coupon VDAY10, which reduced the Original Crate to only $15!

Additionally, if this didn't make you want to buy it, each subscriber is entered to win a SUGOI CRATE! What is a Sugoi Crate, you ask me? Well, young tadpole, it comes in place of your regular Japan Crate, and contains over $500 of goods!!! You get giant snacks and DIY kits, Japanese-exclusive electronics and gadgets, as well as special collectible items! This month's crate featured a Blue 3DS with Super Mario 3D Land and Final Fantasy Explorer Collector's Edition, among other great goodies!!!




Japan Crate's monthly little booklet conveniently has everything you need to know~ It's read from the traditional manga format, from right to left, and you start from what's considered the "back cover".




They have a contest for Instagram - you enter by posting a picture of your DIY chocolate kit result! You could win a three month subscription to Premium Japan Crate, two bags of Kit Kats, and a jumbo plushie from Amuse.



Cute little comic that continues through each monthly issue~


Here's everything that they have in the crates for this month! Other page spreads include a little culture information and DIY kit instructions.






Toppu Trio Stick Gum 

I thought my favorite would be the cola, then the grape, then the cider. It actually ended up being the other way around LOL. I'm usually a huge fan of soda flavors (not so much about the carbonation), but the cider was too yummy! These gums lost their flavor pretty quickly, but good thing there were 2 of each. 8/10










Coris Grape& Soda Kajiritto

Had this before in either the SkoshBox or DekaBox, but this time it tasted even better :DD The grape taste is subtle and sweet, and the texture of this candy was amazing. Sweet, yet not overpoweringly so, and perfectly chewy. 9.5/10


+ Yaokin Moguchuu Strawberry

Very meh for me. Mine was extremely hard to chew, and it was hard to get any flavor out of it. I adore Hi Chews, so I was excited, but this fell short for me. 7/10






Twinbo Drink Gummy



Pretty standard gummy worms, with a small twist. The different colored sections on the worms have different flavors. Red - Cola, Blue - Ramune, Green - Lime, Yellow - Lime. Honestly, these all kind of blended together in my mouth: a wonderful sugary mess. 8/10









Petit Pastel Ice Cream Cookies & Chocolate


I mean these were tasty :) The only things I could taste were chocolate and wafers, but I loved the cute design of these .. cookies? There are two packages in the box, and the booklet recommended that you share it with a friend HAHHAHA. #notgonnahappen. I DIDN'T REALIZE THERE WERE SUPER CUTE DESIGNS ON THE BOTTOM LIKE PUMPKINS AND CANDY WRAPPERS I'M SO SAD !!!! 8.5/10 (I had a existisitential crisis in English class)








Yaokin Budou Grape Gummy 

Nothing super special, but still very tasty. You can always count on Japanese gummies to have a nice texture and flavor. These were more chewy + harder? than normal gummies, but it was a good change. 8.5/10





Super Lemon

The outside was an extremely sour lemon powder, then hard candy, and then the inner layer was super sweet lemon flavor. It was one of my favorites hehe, especially since it balanced itself out. It was pretty fun giving it to my friends and seeing them cringe, haha. 9/10








Nericcho Soft Cider Strawberry Cones 

This was a DIY kit! I saved it for one of my friends that really likes watching those DIY kit videos on YouTube LOL. Didn't turn out as nice or tasty, but the bubbly concoction was fun to make. 7.5/10

+ Heart LTD. Oekaki Choco DIY

I haven't made this yet but it looks exciting! I want to post this review up before I completely forget  about it, so bear with me! (when people say "bare with me" I cringe inside and little bunnies die) So no rating for this yet!






Chip Star Norishio 

These were the only salty item in the entire box. I personally felt like there should've been more a balance between sweet and savory, but this month was Valentine's. These reminded me of a milder version of Pringles, as they had a similar tube and chip shape. Definitely were not as salty as Pringles, and the Seaweed+Salt flavor was refreshing. 9/10



Ramune Rumble (Classic)

Kind of disappointed that I got classic ramune;; I could get this anytime at 美东 or hmart. Ramune is ramune though, and dropping the little glass ball was fun. I actually gave it to my mom because she really like fizzy drinks. 7/10






Mini Ramen Bowl (bonus gift)

I think I got the seafood version? With bamboo and broccoli;; Kind of "meh" in my opinion, but the gashapon dog was too cute last time. I'm getting a phone case with a giant ring and a pompom attached, so I might try out this keychain on it haha.







Green Tea Kit Kats (BONUS ITEM!!) 

Super happy to see these ;___; matcha green tea kitkats???? THREE OF THEM??? Too good for this world!!! I know some people don't really like the green tea flavor much, but I loved it!!! 10000/10




Thank you to Japan Crate for this lovely Premium Box. I think that monthly, this much food would be too much for me, haha. I cancelled my subscription, but I might renew it somewhere down the line. I buy too much food in the first place OTL

Labels: , , , ,